Revision as of 15:45, 10 March 2016 by Martyacks
The Marty Acks Wiki
This site is dedicated to my personal interests.
 My personal life
- Any Old Kind of Day - My Harry Chapin wiki (named for a Harry Chapin song)
- My family tree
- My genealogy research
 My work life
- CDI Technology - where I work today
- PTC - where I used to work
- LinkedIn - me at LinkedIn
- Twitter - I tweet here about work and software industry related matters
- Blogspot - When it just won't fit in 140 characters, I blog here.
- Silvon - a company I co-founded in 1987.
 I recommend
 Harry Chapin and extended musical family
- Harry Chapin - Master of the story song who died too young.
- Tom Chapin - Grammy award winning folk and children's musician
- Steve Chapin Band - Steve Chapin continues to perform his own and Harry's music
- Jen Chapin - Harry's daughter carry's on in family business with her own unique urban folk sound
- The Chapin Sisters - Tom's daughter's sing beautiful harmonies
- The Chapin Family - The whole Chapin clan gets together a few times a year.
- Michael Mark - most often seen with Tom Chapin these days
- Jon Cobert - Frequent Tom Chapin collaborator
 On the rock side
- Three Doors Down - Southern influenced rock from Mississippi
 On the country side
 From my younger days
- New York Times
- Chicago Tribune
- Chicago Tribune - Downers Grove local edition
- Google newsfeed
- Fareed Zakaria
 Local Restaurants
- Cracker Barrel - Best "home cooking" available in a chain restaurant.
- Sweet Tomatoes - Good fresh salad bar with lots of fixin's.
- Five Guys - Hamburger joint that opened on Valetines Day is on my way to work. A will power test for sure.
- Steak and Shake - My favorite hamburger
- Cosi - Great flat bread sandwiches. Light tandoori chicken on whole wheat is my favorite.
- Labriola - Perhaps the best ham and cheese sandwich I have ever had. Favorite place for lunch.
- Ballydoyle Pub - An Irish pub with great boxty.
- Bob Evans - Fried mush, what else can I say, not that local any more though
- Thai Cafe - Very good Thai takeout
- Eagle Restaurant - Great gyros
 Local Downers Grove area businesses
- The Olive Tap - Nice family run business with wide choice of olive oils, balsamics, and salts and peppers.
- Tivoli Theater - Restored 1930's theater with organ music on Friday and Saturday nights
- Lemon Tree - Locally owned fresh food store and restaurant that is always reinventing themselves. $5 gourmet burger/fries on Monday after 5:30pm
- Hitech Auto Service - High quality car repairs for a fair price at corner of Maple and Fairview. They treat me as an old friend.
- Standard Market and Grill - Latest fresh market in the area that opened in 2011.
 Chicago Area Tourism and Activities
- Driehaus Museum - wonderfully restored Gilded Age mansion.
- Chicago Architectural Foundation - excellent walking tours of Chicago.
- Chocolate Tour - We did the gold coast one and enjoyed it
- Pizza Tour - more than you would ever want to know about the history of pizza in Chicago
- Provision Theatre - thought provoking plays of hope, reconciliation and redemption